Ok, so after about 7 weeks of physical therapy, I have been cut loose. I have to do it on my own. I am worried about this because I am the worst procrastinator there is. I have no stick-to-it-ness!! My therapist told me to make an appointment with myself for my workouts and because the exercises seem to be working I am going to try to do better at scheduling "me" time. I have worked out 2 times this week and will do the last one on Saturday. My main goal is to strengthen my core muscles and I can finally feel that I actually have some stomach muscle, not just flab!
I also walk on the treadmill and tonight even challenged Maelin to a Wii dance off. I was horrible but it was a lot of fun. (I only lost by a few moves) Haha
My goal for this year is to be in better shape than I was last year. I will always have the spinal issues to deal with , but I would like to have a more healthy, pain free year and the exercises program should help. That in itself should be motivation enough. We shall see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can do it! The more you do it, the better you will feel and the more you will be able to do. I saw a good motivational idea where every time you work out, you put a dollar in a jar. Then after a certain amount of months, or if you reach one of your goals you take that money and go do something nice for yourself like get new clothes, a pedicure, or something else to treat yourself. Also, another thing I've started doing is logging the miles I've run. You could do that with the miles you are walking. Then at the end of the year you can tally them all up and be totally amazed at how many you've done! I love you mom, and you are awesome. You are looking so great!
Post a Comment